Our Klamath Basin Water Crisis
Upholding rural Americans' rights to grow food,
own property, and caretake our wildlife and natural resources.
Notice of Klamath Project District Joint Board
The Klamath Water and Power Agency, Klamath Water Users, Klamath Adjudication Steering Committee and Takings Litigation Committee invite all Klamath Project District Boards to a joint meeting at the Merrill City Hall meeting room at 10 a.m. on Monday November 10, 2008.
The agenda will include:
1. Klamath Water and Power Agency presentation by Board Chair Ed Bair. Mr. Bair will discuss the short and long term goals of KWAPA, its direction, its intension to develop a Water Use Mitigation Program in conjunction with the Bureau of Reclamation, and the benefits of participation in KWAPA by all districts.
2. Takings case update by Bill Ganong. The request of the United States Court of Appeals to the Oregon Supreme Court that the Supreme Court answer three questions posed by the Court of Appeals has been briefed by the parties and is before the Supreme Court for its consideration.
3. Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement, FERC proceedings, and Coho BO update by Greg Addington and Paul Simmons. A portion of this discussion may occur in executive session pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(h) to consult with legal counsel concerning current litigation and/or ORS 192.660(2)(f) to consider information that is exempt by law from public inspection.
4. Water regulation in the Klamath Basin following entry of the Adjudicator's order. A report by Greg Addington with support, if needed, from Bill Ganong on a recent meeting with representatives of the Oregon Department of Water Resources and the Bureau of Reclamation.
5. Adjudication update by Paul Simmons. This segment of the meeting will be held in executive session pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(h) to consult with legal counsel concerning current litigation.
This is a meeting of a public body under Oregon Law. Please provide notice of the meeting to your board members, the media and the public as provided by law.
William M. Ganong Attorney at Law
Klamath Falls, Oregon 97601
Page Updated: Thursday May 07, 2009 09:14 AM Pacific
Copyright © klamathbasincrisis.org, 2008, All Rights Reserved