Our Klamath Basin Water Crisis
Upholding rural Americans' rights to grow food,
own property, and caretake our wildlife and natural resources.
SPECIAL GOVERNMENT POWER RATE UNDER CONTRACT
RATE SCHEDULE "A
This rate schedule shall be applicable only to
pumping Klamath Water for use on
Applicable to the
$0.06 per kWh
Annual Minimum Charge:
The annual minimum charge is based on the name plate rating in horsepower of the maximum connected motor load at each installation during a calendar year.
100 H.P. or over:
For first two years of service $10.45 per H.P. per calendar year
After two years of service No Charge
99 H.P. or less:
For first five years of service
First 25 H.P. $6.00 per H.P. per calendar year
Next 74 H.P. $5 .25 per H.P .per calendar year
After five years of service
First 25 H.P. $3.00 per H.P. per calendar year
Next 74 H.P. $2.65 per H.P. per calendar year
(1) Where 3-phase service is required for installation under 71/2 H.P., the annual minimum charge will be based on 71/2 H.P.
(2) Installations in service prior to the effective date of this contract shall receive credit for the time service has been rendered under special P9wer contracts entered into pursuant to the contract between the United States and Copco dated February 24, 1917, in meeting the time requirements used in deter- mining annual minimum charges.
(3) Energy will be supplied either single-phase or 3-phase at nominal voltages consistent with those in effect elsewhere in the territory served by Copco.
(4) Special contracts shall be executed for all installations under this rate and all contracts shall have attached thereto a letter from the Contracting Officer stating the proposed consumer is entitled to this rate.
(5) For installations of more than 71/2 H.P., Copco shall make all necessary line extensions at its own expense.
(6) For installations of 71/2 H.P., or less, Copco
shall make necessary line extensions in accordance
with its established line extension policies as
filed with the State regulatory authorities having
(7) The annual minimum charge is payable in consecutive monthly installments of 1/6 (one-sixth) of the annual minimum charge, beginning the first month of operation until such time as the accumulated energy charges equal the annual minimum charge.
DRAINAGE PUMPING: RATE SCHEDULE "B"
This rate schedule shall be applicable only to the pumps operated by the United States, or its successors in interest, for the removal of water from Tule Lake Sumps and Lower Klamath Sumps and any drains leading thereto or therefrom and for power used to pump such drainage water for the irrigation of the areas lying within the beds of Tule Lake and Lower Klamath Lake, all as shown on the map marked Exhibit " A ".
On-peak pumping-eight ( ) A.M. to eight ( ) P.M. of each day except Saturday, Sundays and legal holidays-five (5) mills per kWh
Off-peak pumping-eight ( ) p .M. to eight ( ) AM. of each day and during the 24-hour period of Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays-three (3) mills per kwh
If at any time Copco's commercial rates for like service are lower than the rates specified in Schedules " A " and "B" herein, the commercial rates shall prevail during such time.
Page Updated: Thursday May 07, 2009 09:14 AM Pacific
Copyright © klamathbasincrisis.org, 2005, All Rights Reserved