Time to Take Action
Our Klamath Basin Water Crisis
Upholding rural Americans' rights to grow food,
own property, and caretake our wildlife and natural resources.

Deadline approaching for NRCS programs
Herald and News October 14, 2010
      The Natural Resource Conservation Service is now accepting applications for voluntary conservation programs that provide technical and financial assistance to farmers, ranchers, and timber managers to conserve resources on private agriculture and private non-industrial forestlands, according to a press release.
   The application deadline for all programs is Oct. 22, 2010.
   Among the optional programs:  
   Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) addresses forest land health in areas threatened by bark beetles within the Sprague and Williamson river watersheds.
   Agricultural Water Enhancement Program (AWEP) assists agricultural producers within the Lost River watershed with implementing agricultural water enhancement measures to conserve surface and ground water and improve water quality.  
   AWEP also provides funding to private landowners who want to convert from irrigated to dry land pastures. This program is available within the Wood, Williamson, and Sprague river watersheds.
   Organic Farming Initiative provides financial and technical assistance to farmers, ranchers and dairy operators if they want to transition to organic production or if they are already certified organic.  
   Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program (WHIP) provides technical and financial assistance for private landowners to develop and improve high quality habitat that supports wildlife of national, state or tribal significance.
   Visit  www.or.nrcs.usda.gov/programs for more information.
   NRCS, a U.S. Department of Agriculture agency, is located at 2316 S. Sixth St., Suite C.
Home Contact


              Page Updated: Friday October 15, 2010 02:28 AM  Pacific

             Copyright klamathbasincrisis.org, 2010, All Rights Reserved