Our Klamath Basin Water Crisis
Upholding rural Americans' rights to grow food,
own property, and caretake our wildlife and natural resources.
June 19, 2011 fro Frank Tallerico, Yreka
I've been following what is going on in our In country and our region and it really pains me. Nehemiah Chapter One gave me thoughts of what we believers should be doing in the United States today. (Wherever the word Israel is used in these verses, just insert the United States.) and pray. Nehemiah uses the Lord's promises in his plea for the people of Israel. Those promises are also for us if pray and repent.
The NKJ NEHEMIAH Chapter 1
The reader should read verses 1-4 as I pick it up here in verse five:
5. And I said; "I pray LORD GOD of heaven, O great and awesome God, you who keep your covenant and mercy with those who love you and observe Your commandments,
6. please let you ear be attentive and your eyes open, that You may hear the prayer of your servant which I pray before you now, day and night, for the children of Israel Your servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel which we have sinned against you. Both my father's house and I have sinned.
7. We have acted very corruptly against You, and have not kept Your commandments, the statutes, nor the ordinances which Your command Your servant, Moses.
8. Remember, I pray the word that you commanded Your servant Moses, saying, if you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the nations;
9. But if you return to Me, and keep my commandants and do them, though some of you were cast out the farthest part of the heavens, yet I will gather them from there, and bring them to the place which I have chosen as a dwelling for My
10. Now these are Your servants and your people, whom you have redeemed by Your great power, and by Your strong hand.
11. Oh Lord, I pray, please let Your ear be attentive to the prayer of Your servant, and the prayer of Your servants who desire to fear Your name and let Your servant prosper this day, I pray, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man."
For I was the king's cupbearer.
Page Updated: Sunday June 19, 2011 03:17 AM Pacific
Copyright © klamathbasincrisis.org, 2001 - 2011, All Rights Reserved