Our Klamath Basin Water Crisis
Upholding rural Americans' rights to grow food,
own property, and caretake our wildlife and natural resources.
HB 3569: MEASURE 37 CLAIMANTS ABOUT TO LOSE
House Bill 3569 introduced today breaks the promise the legislature made with the people of Oregon by pulling the rug out from under thousands of Oregonians who simply want their property rights. Specifically House Bill
1. Repeals the referral of House Bill 3540, the bill recently passed by the legislature that will effectively repeal Measure 37. Now, the voters will not have the opportunity to vote on the repeal of Measure 37.
2. The Legislature promised the voters would have the chance to vote on House Bill 3540, House Bill 3569 breaks that promise.
3. The Legislature promised property owners they could develop their property if they vested their rights, House Bill 3569 breaks that promise despite the fact that many Oregonians have already invested thousands of dollars based on promises the Legislature made.
4. The proponents of House Bill 3540 claim that House Bill 3540 protects the property rights of widowed spouses. House Bill 3569 takes away those property rights protections.
5. House Bill 3569 is a knee-jerk reaction to a small minority of NIMBYs (Not In My Back Yards) who don't want others to enjoys the rural lifestyle they currently enjoy.
6. House Bill 3569 is poorly written, full of unintended consequences, and will bankrupt thousands of Oregonians who have invested their life savings trying to realize their dream.
PLEASE CALL REPRESENTATIVE BERGER AT (503) 986-1420 AND REPRESENTATIVE CLEM AT (503) 986-1421 AND TELL THEM HB 3569 IS IRRESPONSIBLE!
Then call as many legislators as possible and tell them
!!!!!!NOT TO SUPPORT THE MORATORIUM (aka HB 3569)!!!!!!!!
Page Updated: Thursday May 07, 2009 09:14 AM Pacific
Copyright © klamathbasincrisis.org, 2007, All Rights Reserved