Our Klamath Basin Water Crisis
Upholding rural Americans' rights to grow food,
own property, and caretake our wildlife and natural resources.
A PROTEST will be held at 9:30 a.m.
on the sidewalk of the
Siskiyou County Courthouse,
this Tuesday morning,
We need every-body to stand with us on this invasive issue.
You are invited to come and stand with Scott Valley Protect Our Water and other groups in opposition to the county supervisors giving away their right to control our water.
WEAR a BLUE shirt and bring signs that say "NO to more government" and "No more intrusion into our lives" and "NO new fees!"
At 10:25 a.m. the ordinance will be on the agenda of the supervisors and we can then speak our frustrations. You are all invited to attend and listen or participate as you so choose.
While the proposed ordinance in the Siskiyou County Board of Supervisors' worksheet may seem innocuous, many of us believe it will continue the government's drive into our private life and property.
* Precursor to monitor devices on ALL wells.
* New fees will be levied on the use of your water.
* Water consumption likely to be reduced, especially for agricultural uses -- they have been in Nebraska and other states!
* Loss of the county controlling the groundwater.
* While Advisory Committees sound innocent, they will eventually be supported by grants. All grants come with strings attached, especially if a state agency is distributing the grant funds -- like Dept of Fish and Game or the North Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board. - Very dangerous waters !
Information follows from District 5 Siskiyou County Board of Supervisor Marcia Armstrong, along with the
This next Tuesday Sept. 21, at 10:25, the Board of Supervisors will consider the First Reading of the Ordinance allowing the establishment of Groundwater Advisory Committees.
If the first reading is approved, the second reading will likely be on October 5th. The Board can also then consider a Resolution establishing the Scott Valley committee. If that passes, anyone qualified may submit a letter of interest for appointment to the committee.
10:25 A.M. - COUNTY COUNSEL http://www.co.siskiyou.ca.us/BOS/DOCS/agenda/2010/Questys/MG4013/AS4022/AI9417/DO9418/DO_9418.pdf
Discussion, direction and possible action re first reading of an Ordinance adding Chapter 19 to Title 3 of the Siskiyou County Code regarding groundwater management planning in Siskiyou County.
See you there at 9:30 a.m.
on Tues, Sept. 21, 2010
Siskiyou County Courthouse in Yreka.
Page Updated: Monday September 20, 2010 01:40 AM Pacific
Copyright © klamathbasincrisis.org, 2010, All Rights Reserved